Victor Moses’ move to Inter Milan has taken a big step with the Italian club ‘agreeing a deal in principle’ to sign the Chelsea man.
The 29-year-old has been on the periphery of the Chelsea team for the last couple of season’s and is keen on a move away.
He has been on loan four times since joining the Blues in 2012 and is currently at Fenerbahce.
The Nigeria international was loaned out to the Turkish club by former Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri last January but has only played six times this season because of a recurring thigh injury.
However, it looks like he could be about to secure a permanent move to Italy with Inter’s sporting director Piero Ausilio offering a huge update on Moses’ future.
Piero told Sky in Italy: “There is an agreement in principle with Chelsea for Victor Moses. We are making evaluations at the moment.”
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the LIVE commentaries coming up on talkSPORT, below…
- Portsmouth vs Scunthorpe (Tuesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Tranmere vs Watford (Thursday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT
- Sunderland vs Doncaster (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Brentford vs Leicester (Saturday, 12:45pm) – talkSPORT
- Southampton vs Tottenham (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT
- Hull vs Chelsea (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Manchester City vs Fulham (Sunday, 1pm) – talkSPORT
- Tranmere or Watford vs Manchester United (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT
- Shrewsbury vs Liverpool (Sunday, 5pm) – talkSPORT
It means Moses, who has most recently been playing as a wing-back for Chelsea, will reunite with former boss Antonio Conte.
Moses made 34 Premier League appearances for Chelsea in the 2016/17 season which is when they last won the title.
Inter’s chief executive Beppe Marotta confirmed the club’s interest in Moses last week as one of a number potential January signings from the Premier League.
They completed the signing of Ashley Young from Manchester United last week and are also thought to be after Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud.
Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen is also set to move to the San Siro and Ausilio confirmed reports that an offer for the Dane has been submitted.
He said: “Eriksen is an important player. We have submitted an official offer and now we are waiting.”