Simon Jordan has questioned Tottenham’s intensity following their poor start to the season.
Spurs have won just three of their opening 11 Premier League games, and conceded in the seventh minute of stoppage time in Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Everton.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side were tipped to mount a title charge this season, but find themselves 18 points behind leaders Liverpool.
Former Crystal Palace chairman Jordan told The Final Word on talkSPORT: “I just can’t get my head around [Tottenham] and what’s going on there.
“You lose [Harry] Kane [to illness], I understand that’s a huge difference to the side.
“But look at Liverpool. When you look at the intensity of Liverpool and then you look at the intensity of Spurs, it’s like apples and oranges.”
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Stoke vs West Brom (Monday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Borussia Dortmund vs Inter (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Vitoria Guimaraes vs Arsenal (Wednesday, 3:50pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Red Star Belgrade vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Atalanta vs Manchester City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Lazio vs Celtic (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Nottingham Forest vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Arsenal (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Bristol City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
talkSPORT host and Tottenham fan Danny Kelly believes Spurs are all about individuals, and no longer a cohesive unit.
He added: “They’re not a team any more, they’re a bunch of highly paid and quite talented individuals.
“I watched one moment [against Everton] where Lucas Moura busted a gut to close down, he ran 40 yards to close down the goalkeeper.
“He looked behind him to see the rest of them weren’t pressing, particularly, I’ll say his name, Christian Eriksen, who was strolling up towards his man.
“And of course, they [Everton] passed the ball around Moura.”