Erling Haaland has taken dramatic measures to avoid speculation surrounding his future.
The Red Bull Salzburg striker has been impressive form this season, firing in an impressive haul of 22 goals so far this season.
It’s therefore no surprise that Haaland, 19, has been linked with some top clubs in Europe including Manchester City and Manchester United.
Norway international Haaland is the son of Alf-Inge Haaland, who played for the likes of Manchester City and Leeds United inevitably leading to suggestions he could follow in his father’s footsteps.
Haaland has made no secret of his allegiances for his dad’s former clubs – Man City, Leeds as well as Nottingham Forest and supported them as a boy.
It is understood that Haaland has also been a member of a Facebook group for Norwegian Man City fans, which could put the Citizens at an advantage if they ever try to sign him.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Sterling for Bale? There is no way Man City will do that, insists Murphy
'They are not a team any more' – talkSPORT hosts stunned by Spurs decline
How will fans react? Granit Xhaka set for Arsenal return this week
Lampard confirms Kante return as Chelsea trio passed fit to face Ajax
'I’ve rarely seen anything like this' – Exclusive talkSPORT audio of Arsenal unrest
Cesc Fabregas stunned by Adrian Durham's claim about ex-Arsenal team mate
Villa ace reveals how Liverpool stars were arguing, then showed elite mentality
'I am not in a Man City mood' – Klopp hits back at Pep over Mane 'diver' comments
However, many in that Facebook group have urged Haaland to move to the Etihad Stadium that it’s driven him into leaving it, according to The Athletic.
Haaland recently said it has become ‘f****** boring’ to be linked with a move to City’s Manchester rivals and also claimed to be at 9.9 on a bored scale of one to ten.
He made headlines across Europe after bagging a hat-trick against Belgian side Genk on his Champions League debut – a game Salzburg won 6-2.
Haaland also got on the scoresheet when the Austrian club faced Liverpool at Anfield in the competition, however, the European champions won the match 4-3.
Salzburg are currently third in Group E, three points behind Liverpool and four off leaders Napoli.
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Stoke vs West Brom (Monday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Borussia Dortmund vs Inter (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Vitoria Guimaraes vs Arsenal (Wednesday, 3:50pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Red Star Belgrade vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Atalanta vs Manchester City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Lazio vs Celtic (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Nottingham Forest vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Everton (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Arsenal (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Cardiff vs Bristol City (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2