Liverpool’s chief executive stayed at hospital with a Reds fan allegedly ‘ambushed’ before Tuesday’s Champions League defeat by Napoli.
Peter Moore confirmed on social media he had visited the supporter in hospital and ‘will not leave him until we are comfortable he’s fine’.
The unnamed fan was reportedly assaulted at a bar in Naples at 6pm local time, Merseyside Police say.
He was taken to hospital at half-time of the match due to ‘significant blood loss’, according to the BBC.
A second Liverpool supporter was allegedly attacked at the same time.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Klopp accuses Napoli star of diving to win penalty as Liverpool lose in Europe
he's the one
Lampard defends 'the penalty taker' Barkley, comments on Mason Mount injury
Pochettino will stay at Tottenham for a 'very, very long time', claims Ardiles
The 'incredible' Rangers offer that almost saw Messi's hero head to Ibrox
GIVE ME MUR
Spurs advance interest in prolific Fenerbahce and Kosovo striker
West Ham 'talked with Ansu Fati's family' during attempt to sign Barca wonderkid
Gudjohnsen slams 'disrespectful' Barkley after Chelsea star's penalty miss
Chelsea beaten by Valencia at home, Liverpool swept aside by Napoli, plus more
Napoli vs Liverpool commentary: Mertens and Llorente score to beat holders
Dortmund vs Barcelona commentary: Reus misses penalty as blockbuster ends goalless
Klopp says agent's quit claim just a joke, insists Man City best team in the world
Going for goal
The incredible Champions League goal records of Messi and Ronaldo
Moore, who was appointed Liverpool CEO in February 2017, later wrote on social media: “I’m at the hospital with him right now. We will not leave him until we are comfortable that he’s fine.”
The former EA Sports COO added: “The hospital staff and the police have now helped Steven and have been very cooperative. He’s been seen and will be monitored throughout the night. He asked me to thank everyone for their concern.”
LIVE on talkSPORT
Check out all the live commentaries coming up across the talkSPORT network this week
- Napoli vs Liverpool (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- Borussia Dortmund vs Barcelona (Tuesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Olympiakos vs Tottenham (Wednesday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT
- Shakhtar Donetsk vs Man City (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT
- PSG vs Real Madrid (Wednesday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs Arsenal (Thursday, 5:55pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Leicester vs Tottenham (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Derby (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Everton vs Sheffield United (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Newcastle vs Brighton (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- West Brom vs Huddersfield (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
Liverpool lost in Naples to suffer defeat in their Champions League opener, with Dries Mertens and Fernando Llorente both scoring in the final 10 minutes to fire the hosts to victory.