Bury have had another match – their fourth in League One – suspended as the EFL continue to seek further clarity about the club’s financial obligations.
Saturday’s game with Tranmere has been put on hold while the Shakers’ Carabao Cup first round tie has been awarded to Sheffield Wednesday as Friday’s deadline for league expulsion draws closer.
“The EFL board continues to be frustrated at the lack of significant progress that has been made by Mr (Steve) Dale in providing the information required,” said an EFL statement.
“However, we will continue to work with the current ownership in an attempt to achieve a resolution ahead of the Notice of Withdrawal deadline of Friday August 23.”
The news comes after reports claimed owner Steve Dale has turned down an offer for the League One side which could have saved the club, according to reports.
According to the BBC, the new and improved offer was made by a former chairman.
MOST READ IN FOOTBALL
Harry Maguire set to land stunning £700k deal after signing for Man United
Rooney goes on foul-mouthed rant before criticising DC United's travel plans
Jose Mourinho in emotional interview as he admits he misses football
Leeds boss Bielsa has a warning for fans planning to boo Brentford star Jansson
Durham tips Arsenal to challenge Liverpool and Man City for Premier League title
Jadon Sancho signs news Dortmund deal – but Manchester United still have hope
Steve Dale rejects offer for Bury as club have another game called off
So far, the Shakers have had five games cancelled by the EFL this season and face expulsion from League One on August 23.
Dale allegedly told the former chairman he feels he can get a better deal for the club, even though the threat of being kicked out still looms large.