Tyson Fury has backed Dillian Whyte to get a title fight against WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder next, but insists he won’t be facing him in a final eliminator.
Earlier this week it was revealed that the WBC were planning to order Fury vs Whyte to determine Wilder’s next mandatory challenger, however the 30-year-old has dismissed this idea as expected.
Fury has already opted out of an ordered second bout with Wilder and instead plans to revisit that rematch in the future.
When asked about the final eliminator, he told Behind The Gloves: “I don’t really think too much of it because I’m the ‘lineal’ heavyweight champion of the world. I fight who I want, when I want, how I want.
“I don’t need to fight eliminators to fight people. I already had a Deontay Wilder fight the other day without an eliminator…
“How long have you known me? Do I take orders from anybody?
“I ain’t being ordered to do anything by anybody. I’ve got my own s*** going on, I’m going at my own pace and I do what I wanna do.”
While Whyte has stated that he does want to face Fury, he’s also dismissed the final eliminator plan as ‘delaying tactics’ by the WBC.
The Brixton man has been ranked number one by the governing body for over two years, however is yet to be offered a route to the title which he believes is acceptable.
His team are now campaigning for his bout with Oscar Rivas on July 20 to be for the mandatory status – a move Fury is in favour of.
“I think it’s very unfair the way that they’re treating Dillian Whyte,” the ‘Gypsy King’ continued.
“He’s had to fight some good men, some undefeated men and work his way back up the ladder.
“And I’m starting to believe what he says – that they don’t want him to fight for the title maybe.
“They ordered him to fight me – that’s a guaranteed loss.
“He’s fighting another good fella, Oscar Rivas, in his next fight so I don’t know what more he has to do. He’s been number one ranked, give the guy a title shot for God’s sake.”