Fulham have confirmed the permanent signing of Ryan Babel from Turkish club Besiktas.
The former Liverpool winger, who made 146 appearances during his Anfield spell, joins on a contract until the end of the season.
Babel, 32, told FulhamFCTV: “My first impressions are good and I’m very excited.
“I definitely have faith that Fulham can stay up. That’s one of the reasons that I’m here, to try and help that to happen. I’m ready to go, I’m excited and I can’t wait.”
The Cottagers are second bottom of the Premier League after Claudio Ranieri’s side lost 2-1 at fellow relegation-battlers Burnley on Saturday.
Latest Transfer News
Spurs fan says Pochettino should look to sign Balotelli on loan to replace Kane
How Monaco could look after signing Fabregas and another Chelsea ace
UP TO DATE
West Ham news: Ibrahimovic update, Chicharito latest, Arnautovic set for move
TIME TO GO?
Eight stars who could replace Ozil at Arsenal including Real and Barcelona aces
Celtic legend laughs at Liverpool's proposed £8million bid for James Forrest
West Ham reject £8.9m bid from Fiorentina for midfielder
Celtic back in for midfielder, Forrest update and club could get Mbemba
Mesut Ozil offered to two Serie A clubs as Emery seeks to free up funds
Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan added: “Ryan has excelled at playing attacking football on both the club and international stage, and we welcome that experience as we build our squad for a strong second-half push with nine important home fixtures remaining, beginning Sunday when Spurs visit the Cottage.
“Ryan scored 15 goals across all competitions last season and arrives with the support of our manager.
“Claudio and I are confident that Ryan’s return to the Premier League here will be every bit as good for him as his addition will be good for our squad.”
Fulham spent around £100million on additions to their squad in the summer, under former boss Slavisa Jokanovic.
However, even after a change in the dugout, the west London club have won just three league games. The loss against Burnley was a third in succession following their shock home FA Cup third round defeat by Sky Bet League Two club Oldham.
Vice-chairman Khan is the son of club owner Shahid, and had been involved in an angry Twitter exchange following the defeat at Turf Moor in which he told a supporter to “go to hell”.
The 36-year-old, however, also insisted the Cottagers, five points adrift of safety, would invest in a series of signings during the January transfer window and urged fans not to give up on remaining in the top flight.
Reports, meanwhile, have emerged of players Aleksandar Mitrovic and Aboubakar Kamara being involved in a heated row at Fulham’s training ground gym last week as the club battle to stay up.