Anthony Joshua has added yet another honour to his collection after being awarded an OBE for his services to sport by Prince Charles in an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace on Thursday.
The 29-year-old was previously given an MBE in 2013 after claiming an Olympic gold in the super heavyweight division at London 2012.
Joshua made sure to look his best for the occasion and was sharply dressed in a black suit jacket and grey trousers as he shook hands and enjoyed a conversation with the future king.
AJ’s visit to the Palace is a brief distraction from who he will face in his next bout at Wembley on April 13.
Promoter Eddie Hearn is hoping to have his fighter’s next contract signed off by early January but it remains unclear who that will be against.
The controversial draw between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury in Los Angeles has thrown a potential match-up in doubt, as the pair could be set for a rematch at some point in 2019.
Dillian Whyte and Derek Chisora do battle on Saturday and the winner could fight Joshua while American heavyweight Jarrell Miller is also under consideration.
“As I’ve said, I’m willing to fight Deontay Wilder – April 13th in London,” Joshua stated.
“So I don’t know what more I have to do to get that message across. He’s more interested in fighting Tyson Fury. Tyson Fury holds no world titles.
“Let me say this, I can’t control what Deontay Wilder does, I can’t control what Tyson Fury does – or even as far as what they say.
Latest Boxing News
I'LL BEAT HIM
Khan reveals why knocking Brook out actually won't earn him any credit
WBC to order Golovkin to fight dangerous American and the winner faces Canelo
Eddie Hearn says Joshua vs Wilder deal ‘is not close’, American eyes Fury rematch
‘Joshua needs me’ – Gargantuan US heavyweight issues AJ New York challenge
Tyson Fury’s brother Tommy to make debut against opponent with remarkable record
Tyson Fury corner man Roach claims he’s cleared the air with trainer Davison
Dillian Whyte slams Anthony Joshua, says he ‘just talks s***’
heading to london?
Canelo Alvarez targets Wembley fight against Callum Smith
“But what I can do is control what I say and what I’m doing. I made sure, with the negotiations, I’ve booked the date in advance, set the venue in advance, and I’m making my point clear in front of everyone watching.
“I’m willing to fight any one of these guys, especially the champion Deontay Wilder, April 13th at Wembley. What more can I say?”