Adrien Rabiot looks set for a move to Liverpool next summer after the Paris Saint-Germain sporting director confirmed he would not start another game this season.
Tottenham Hotspur reportedly failed with a bid for the 23-year-old on Monday, leaving the way clear for the Reds to sweep in.
Rabiot is entering the final six months of his deal with the Ligue 1 champions and has been continually linked with a move to Merseyside.
Last month, it was reported that Liverpool had made a ‘powerful offer’ to sign the central midfielder which put them in pole position ahead of Spurs and Barcelona.
Indeed it seems the move is inevitable after PSG sporting director Antero Henrique told Yahoo Sport the youngster would no longer be considered for selection after he made it clear hw would be leaving on a Bosman.
He said: “At this point, [talks won’t continue]. It was a decision made by the club following a meeting I had with the player.
Palace eye Solanke deal as Rangers joined in chase for Liverpool striker
Barcelona to swoop for 'unhappy' Chelsea defender to solve centre-back crisis
Anthony Martial's agent 'very pessimistic' about new Man United deal
Juventus 'plotting stunning bid' to sign Paul Pogba back from Manchester United
Man City open talks with Madrid ace, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs rivals for £45m star
he'll dou nicely
Man United 'send scouts' to watch highly-rated Napoli defender
‘Paul Pogba is finished at Man United – get him out', says talkSPORT host
blue over red
Rangers want January deal for Everton starlet to replace Liverpool man
“The player informed me that he would not sign a contract and that he wanted to leave the club [as a free agent] at the end of the season, ie. at the end of his contract.
“For the player, this will have a very clear consequence: he will remain on the bench for an indefinite period.”
Rabiot has scored two goals and registered one assist thus far from 12 starts in the French league.